Ok, I had a 'moment' yesterday when I took David to get his fall/winter shoes, red Keds. Evidently I have been squeezing his precious feet into a size 7, when he measures an 8! I would not have believed the lady, except that she had his foot on the measuring board in front of my eyes. I don't want his foot to be that big! I know that sounds silly, but it means that he is growing up. I am enjoying every second with him, and when we have our rough patches, I am trying not to 'wish it away'. Every day is so precious to me and a gift being home with my children. Where have 2 and half years gone??? I am also overwhelmed with raising this boy into a man. Does anyone else feel this way? I desire his heart to be pure and obedient, for him to be kind to others, and POLITE. Teaching manners and being consistent is one of the hardest tasks I have ever done! Frasure and I desire for our children to be a a pleasure to those they encounter, what a challenge. Watching David pass over the bridge from 'baby to little man' tears at my heart, but I'm so happy at the same time. It is exciting to see how God made him, and the personality He created. Some things about him that I want to remember: He loves his sister, his 'sissy' as he calls her.He wants to wrestle sooo badly with her, but has found some self-control. He wakes up and asks for his choo choos, loves trains, cars, trucks, anything with wheels. He adores Bama, the Hunter's dog and snuggles with him. He thanks God for Bama, his friends, and G'parents during his prayers at night. He eats his weight in Nutri-grain bars and strawberries. He wants Daddy to play outside all the time, and says 'crash' for tackle. He gives great hugs and kisses. Curious George is his favorite character. He sleeps with 2 blankets, loves chocolate milk, gives butterfly and Eskimo kisses, high fives, and does not sit still. He is my love bug and gives me joy. I know He is not mine, but the Lord's gift to me to take care of while on this earth. He and Livie are Frasure and my most precious gifts. We are learning as we go and praying for grace! Who would have thought a pair of shoes would have brought on all these emotions?!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
my boy...2 1/2
Ok, I had a 'moment' yesterday when I took David to get his fall/winter shoes, red Keds. Evidently I have been squeezing his precious feet into a size 7, when he measures an 8! I would not have believed the lady, except that she had his foot on the measuring board in front of my eyes. I don't want his foot to be that big! I know that sounds silly, but it means that he is growing up. I am enjoying every second with him, and when we have our rough patches, I am trying not to 'wish it away'. Every day is so precious to me and a gift being home with my children. Where have 2 and half years gone??? I am also overwhelmed with raising this boy into a man. Does anyone else feel this way? I desire his heart to be pure and obedient, for him to be kind to others, and POLITE. Teaching manners and being consistent is one of the hardest tasks I have ever done! Frasure and I desire for our children to be a a pleasure to those they encounter, what a challenge. Watching David pass over the bridge from 'baby to little man' tears at my heart, but I'm so happy at the same time. It is exciting to see how God made him, and the personality He created. Some things about him that I want to remember: He loves his sister, his 'sissy' as he calls her.He wants to wrestle sooo badly with her, but has found some self-control. He wakes up and asks for his choo choos, loves trains, cars, trucks, anything with wheels. He adores Bama, the Hunter's dog and snuggles with him. He thanks God for Bama, his friends, and G'parents during his prayers at night. He eats his weight in Nutri-grain bars and strawberries. He wants Daddy to play outside all the time, and says 'crash' for tackle. He gives great hugs and kisses. Curious George is his favorite character. He sleeps with 2 blankets, loves chocolate milk, gives butterfly and Eskimo kisses, high fives, and does not sit still. He is my love bug and gives me joy. I know He is not mine, but the Lord's gift to me to take care of while on this earth. He and Livie are Frasure and my most precious gifts. We are learning as we go and praying for grace! Who would have thought a pair of shoes would have brought on all these emotions?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That was so sweet, Garrett, and made me even more excited about this little boy in me. David's a cutie pie!!!
Only one size! Good grief, you're a great mom! I've taken my kids to get new shoes and found out they needed 3 sizes larger! Whoops!
Post a Comment