Psalm 8:1-2

"Oh, Lord, our Lord, how magestic is your name in all the earth!  You have set your glory above the heavens...from the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise..."

Monday, October 20, 2008

Lindy Vivian's Baptism Day


Yesterday we had Livie baptized.  It was a very special day for us as a family.  Frasure and I committed to raising our daughter to know the love of Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made for her.  As I held her and we stood before our family and friends in the congregation I felt the Holy Spirit in my heart.  I don't deserve the gifts He has given me...being a wife and a mom, the most valuable two to me.  I desire to love God by being obedient to Him by raising my children to fear, honor and love Him.  I am so thankful for my family who can and will help me raise her along with my precious friends who are like-minded in their love for Jesus.  
I want to thank my Mom who made the day turn out so beautifully.  She made all the flower arrangements, cooked and helped with all the details.  She was in her element making it all so girly and memorable for Livie.  The cross on our front door was used on our wedding day above the altar, and we also used it for David on his Baptism day.  The gown Livie wore was worn by Frasure's Great Great Grandmother.  She is the sixth generation to wear the gown and to be baptized in First Presbyterian Church.  What a legacy of faith!  
The table cloths used yesterday were also used at our wedding reception.  The china was borrowed from our "Aunt" Meredith Dykes, along with her pink crystal glasses!  This china was her mothers.  It is dear to me to use memorable pieces that remind me of precious days. 
Thank you to all our family members who came  yesterday to help us dedicate our daughter.  It meant everything to me and Frasure to have all of you there.   My prayer for Livie is that she will ask Jesus in her heart at a very young age, and follow Him all the days of her life.












6 comments:

Lindy Simpson Jones said...

everything looks beautiful!!! livie has no clue what talent she has inherited...love you!

Beth Goff said...

The first picture is stunning!!! Livie's gown was BEAUTIFUL! It looks like yall had such a blessed day!

The Muncies said...

she is just gorgeous! what a special day!

The Springfields said...

what a beautiful little girl. We are all blessed. Thanks for sharing! Hope to see you this afternoon at the parade.

lauren said...

absolutely beautiful! what a wonderful day. i love how livie is looking at her grandmothers in the pictures. she is sooo sweet! love you :)

AtlantaMama said...

These pictures are GREAT of Lindy. I love the one of the three of yall in black and white too. It's so cute.

I've posted parade pictures!! (Thanks for having us!)