Psalm 8:1-2

"Oh, Lord, our Lord, how magestic is your name in all the earth!  You have set your glory above the heavens...from the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise..."

Friday, August 8, 2008

6 month checkup



Here is a comparison of David at 6 months old to Livie!  He was 4 lbs. heavier and the same length as his baby sister at this age. Pretty funny!
I took Livie to the dr. yesterday for her 6 month checkup.  I was a little late, since she will be 7 months on August 18.  I never look forward to my babies getting shots, but I remind myself how much I have to be thankful for to have two healthy children.  These shots are a blessing of prevention, and thankfully we are not there because they are unhealthy.  So that gets me through those painful pricks and hard cries to follow.  

Her stats are as follows:  weight 14 lbs. 13 ounces (25 %)
length 27 inches (90%)
head circumference 17 inches (75%)

She has gone down in her weight, which is a slight concern.  Dr. Clements told me to up her caloric intake, especially since she is such a mover and a shaker. The problem is that she is just not loving the baby food.  She is the most perfect baby, except for her eating habits!  HELP.  Any tips on how to get her tastsbuds going, I would appreciate.  What table food has worked for any of you good mommies out there.  And, where does that height come from???  I can only hope she is taller than me one day!  

7 comments:

AtlantaMama said...

so funny in the differences between boys and girls... my little guy was already HUGE at 6mo. So I hear ya!!

Are yall still gonna do the costume party/ halloween thing again? I wanted to post the date to the little Mom's group I'm in if you still plan to do it.

The Muncies said...

Don't worry! Kirkley was pretty much like this too! I don't think I started any table food that early, but I do remember stirring a little oatmeal into her baby food just to up the calories a little. It will even out soon!

lauren said...

yes, don't worry...both of my girls have been like this and neither liked baby food at all. caroline dropped off the chart in weight at one point :( livie will catch back up, i promise! just keep offering and then soon you can do table food. you're an awesome mom!!

Lindy Simpson Jones said...

that face!!!! I just love it!

Mama Bear said...

Hi Garrett! I found your blog through Lindsey's! Aiden had the same issue around 4 months. He wasn't eating baby food yet, but I started mixing rice cereal in 2 bottles a day and that did the trick!

Anonymous said...

Hey Garrett! I found your blog through Alli Mc's. Livie is sooo cute! She looks just like you and David looks just like Frasier. Where has the time gone?
Mary D.

Anonymous said...

Hi Garrett! Livie and your family are beautiful. Regarding Livie's weight...I have a slightly different take on it. You are still nursing, right? Oz. for oz., breastmilk has more calories than any other solid food. So feeding solid food, hence, reducing the amount of breastmilk she will take is actually robbing her of valuable calories. Offering table food at this age is purley for practice and social participation. She doesn't like the baby food, right? Listen to her, she knows. Up the nursing sessions and perhaps try to up your supply by pumping or eating foods that promote lactation. Oh, don't let me write a book. I have lots of great resources for this. Please feel free to email me if you would like some info. I'm at thebarraus@comcast.net. Love to all, Alisa