David had his first day of pre-school last week, and I can't express the mommy emotions I have had running on over-load! I also began my first week of work teaching 2's and keeping my sweet baby nephew , James. A lot of ''new'' all at once. But is is all good stuff. Livie also is going to ''school'' one day a week, while the sweet Grandmothers keep her the other day I'm teaching. I do NOT know what I would do without my parents over the last two months. They are living with us while they re-model their home, and they have spent more time with my children than I have. They have been there for me and Fray in a major time of need, and we are grateful beyond words. The Grandparent role has crossed over for them into parallel parenting with us. Not what they would choose, I'm sure, but never a grumbling word. With all the ''mommy guilt'' I have felt, the Lord has provided the comfort of my parents to physically help us and it has been so humbling. So as David gets out of the car my heart is pounding, not because I'm worried or scared about where he is going. But, because he has grown up so fast and ready for the next step in his little life. I'm so happy for him to have such a wonderful school to attend. He is so ready, and has loved it. He wants to pray for his friends at night, and does not whine in the early mornings when it is time to go. My heart just hurts selfishly for myself not to have him at home. God's words ring in my ear..''Teach them the way they should go, and they will not depart from it..'' Oh, I hope he is a light, and shows love and compassion to others. I hope his little ears are soaking in the truth and transforming his little heart. I need all the help I can get Ms. Joann and Ms. Susan, so thank you to his teachers for your sacrifice and love.





1 comment:
I am tearing up just thinking about D heading off to big boy school! you are a GREAT mommy and a blessing to us all. I know your hard work to focus on what is important in life will pay off.
Post a Comment