I hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July! We headed to the square for the wonderful parade in Marietta. We watched it with friends, the Penuels and Neumanns. So many participants in the parade this year! I always love the MHS marching band, our hard working policemen and firemen, and of course our Veterans. I always get teary when they pass by. There are not enough words or emotions to express my gratitude for their service to our country. I am so grateful to live in America. We left the parade, took naps, then headed to the pool where the Ramsey's joined us to cook out hotdogs. The kids were asleep by 7:30, so we missed out on fireworks! But, instead watched a remarkable movie, "Taking Chance". I highly recommend it for every American to watch. I think every teenager should have to watch it in school! It taught me so much about the military and how respectful they are to our fallen soldiers. It was a perfect way to end our 4th of July holiday. May God bless our country.
























No comments:
Post a Comment