Psalm 8:1-2

"Oh, Lord, our Lord, how magestic is your name in all the earth!  You have set your glory above the heavens...from the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise..."

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Welcome back football!


Well, I don't know about your household, but my husband has a quickness in his steps these days! And it has to do with the season of football.  I would say under God, family, and country, then there is football in His heart.  His teams include his alma maters: Marietta High School and Auburn.  Then, there is his dying loyalty to Georgia Tech.  Literally he can't relax or carry on a normal conversation with anyone when the Yellow Jackets are playing!
Last night he was a happy man going to the first Marietta home game against Cherokee.  Watching David run, tackle and throw the ball was a one of his many dreams come true.  We went to the pre-game tailgate hosted by BBandT bank and the Touchdown Club.  It is always fun to kickoff the season seeing friends, and our children running around.  It is one of the many things that makes Marietta special to me.  I love it.  And so does my husband!  (Pictured are our friends the Penuels and Chalfants, our cousin Abby cheering on the Big Blue, and precious Annie Rose Allen in her new Auburn outfit.)





1 comment:

Valarie said...

I feel ya. Except w/ my hubby it's all about UGA. Which it's funny that I read your blog at this moment because we SURPRISINGLY have the UGA game on here and my husband made me turn off my movie so that he could watch it. My favorite is when he talks to them like they can hear him. I think that is every wife's favorite!