David and Livie have both been sick this week. Yucky colds that led to ear infections and sore throats, with low grade fevers. I keep reminding myself that it could be much worse. And, I try to be mindful that I need to be all the more grateful for the "well" times we do have. The struggle I've been having is disciplining David, the 2 year old. It is so hard to be consistent when they do not feel good and are obviously not themselves. Any advice would be much appreciated!


1 comment:
I know that you don't want him to think that being sick is an excuse to act anyway that he wants to. At the same time, grace is needed. The fun part for Mommies is finding the middle ground :-). He's still so young and it will get easier to teach him self-control when he gets a little bit older. You are one of the most patient people that I know, so telling you to maintain patience seems silly to me. But that's all I can really say, stay patient, consistent, firm and yet gentle. A little firmness still reminds kids that sickness does not mean they can act crazy.
I love you girl!
Post a Comment